Sunday, February 7, 2016

Top 10 Romantic Duets

Guess what? It's time for another Valentine's Day post! I love making these lists. It combines a few of my favorite things: showtunes, lists, and romance. YAY!



Today, I'll be discussing my top ten romantic duets from my favorite Broadway musicals. So, we'll just jump right into it.

(Prepare for a whole lot of Sutton Foster...)

10. Accident Waiting to Happen - The Drowsy Chaperone - Troy Britton Johnson & Sutton Foster
 

This song is just too cute! Janet and Robert singing about being so clumsy, (or an accident just waiting to happen), while Robert stands in a pair of roller skates with a blindfold tied on his head. The music is so sweet, and the voice of Sutton Foster makes it even sweeter!

9. What You Mean to Me - Finding Neverland - Matthew Morrison & Laura Michelle Kelly
 




The writer, J.M. Barrie and his inspiration, Sylvia Llewelyn Davies, finally realize how much of an impact they made on each other's lives and much they mean to each other. The angelic voices of Matthew Morrison and Laura Michelle Kelly only make it more beautiful.

8. Small Umbrella in the Rain - Little Women - Sutton Foster & John Hickhok





Even though Jo March and Prof. Bhaer fight and disagree on everything, they cannot deny their love for each other. There isn't much to say about this song... Just listen to it, and you'll see why it is loved by so many people.

7. Ten Minutes Ago - Cinderella - Santino Fontana & Laura Osnes




This one is so sweet. When the Prince meets Cinderella. *happy sigh* Everyone loves this story of this show, but I especially love the music! The lovely tune is so lovely, and they sing about love at first sight. How can you not love that?


6. Falling Slowly - ONCE - Steve Kazee & Cristin Milioti







I can't help but be in love with this song. All of the music in this show is astonishing, but this song always stands out to me. It's the first time Guy and Girl sing together, and begin to slowly fall for each other. (Also, Josh Groban rocked this song, too. If you want to listen to his version, it's here.)


5. It Takes Two - Into the Woods - Joanna Gleason & Chip Zien





This song is such a cute one, when the Baker finally realizes that the help of his wife is just what he needed all along. The interaction between the two characters is what really makes this song what it is, but it's just as adorable when you listen to it.

4. It's De-Lovely - Anything Goes - Colin Donnell & Laura Osnes


The classic forbidden love story... They meet in the night, sing a soothing tune, and dance a freaking awesome waltz number! The angelic vocals of Laura Osnes make this song even more lovely than it already was. It's such a classy song, loved by many!

3. Something to Believe in - Newsies - Kara Lindsay & Jeremy Jordan





Just the OTP singing about how much tHEY LOVE EACH OTHER. Woah. Sorry. I just got a little fangirl-y there. Whew! Okay... Anyway... What makes this song so great is... Well, I don't really know, I can't pick just one thing. The actors, the interaction they have, the story. It's all good!


2. Sunrise - In the Heights - Mandy Gonzalez & Christopher Jackson


AHH. I'm in love with this song. The Act II opening when Nina teaches Benny Spanish, and they... And I... And UHHHH. I love it. Lin Manuel-Miranda is a genius. I. Can't. Even. Just listen to the song, and you'll fall in love with it, too.

1. I Turned the Corner/I'm Falling in Love With Someone - Thoroughly Modern Millie - Gavin Creel & Sutton Foster




Millie has always been my dream role, and this song just makes me want to play her even more! This particular song is one of the very under appreciated, and commonly forgotten song, but is easily one of my favorites from the show. The melody is so lovely and the words are so clever, and of course, the singers are spectacular. #SUTTONISQUEEN. It's kinda hard not to love this song!

~*~

Well, folks, there you have it! My 2nd Annual Valentine's Day Post!

If you want to hear some of my other favorite romantic showtunes, you can follow me on Spotify: littlemissbroadway. Until then, I'll see you next time! 

Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Hayden Beth ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment